Old 11-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #80
Bgamer90
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I don't think that saying it is in trouble is a stretch at all from a profitability standpoint. Again, I am not saying that Tiburon is about to close down or that this is the last Madden that will ever be made, just that financially, when you look at all factors. it's in trouble lol. Symantics of what you or I consider trouble to mean or what severity an individual places on the word "trouble".

And by letting the exclusive deal expire will not make profits go back up like magic. Look at the number of sales in 2005 and the numbers since. In order for profits to go back up, they would need to at least match the sales that they were making, before they entered into the exclusive deal. What would be the catalyst that would make that happen? If sales are declining with no competition, why would they go up WITH competition?

Again, Madden is in "trouble" lol.

If you are going to compare last gen in 2004 to now, you also gotta factor in that there were a lot more PS2's being sold compared to the number of 360's and PS3's being sold now. So yeah there's a lot of things to put into account instead of just "oh people are getting tired of Madden" .

While I'm pretty sure that EA wants Madden to do better I really wouldn't say that the game is in trouble at all. The game is still selling well. I remember reading just a few weeks ago that sales of the 360 and PS3 version were up 5% compared to Madden 09 for the 360/PS3 in the same time period.