Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #83
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well if Madden makes as much of a leap from Madden 09 to Madden 10 for Madden 10 to Madden 11 then we should see sales go up if the public is after quality. Honestly though I don't think the quality of Madden is the issue, if it was then why would the crappier editions of Madden in the past sold as much as they did. I think it's because now there are so many other great games that people are just cutting back on these yearly games. I really don't see how EA can overcome that other than cutting the exclusive deal and cutting back costs on the game while trying to improve quality and hoping for the best.
Look, neither of us can take the temperature of the Football gamer en masse and say that this is the reason, or that is the reason that the numbers are down, but I think that you aren't being realistic if you don't think that there is at least a decent chance that the decline in numbers can be attributed to a loss in popularity.

And anyway that you slice it, if the same people that bought Madden are now not buying it, and are instead, buying other titles, then that is as basic an example of loss of popularity as there is.