Old 11-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #102
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How about their are less NG consoles on the market than last Gen. How about the economy with over 10% unemployment. We are fortunate, I know neighbors around us who have lost jobs and are cutting back severely for the holidays.

The only thing I agree with you is the internet consumer is growing tireless of Madden. Outside the net, Madden does just fine. My nephew is still in college and he doesn't visit message boards at all. His friends and him could care less about patches, DLC, etc.... They just want to plug n play.
If Madden was only doing poorly on the internet, then the sales in the real world would not be declining. We have to face facts. Madden is not "just fine" in any world.

At a time when there are more gamers, thanks to the wii, and more people not ashamed to even admit that they are gamers lol, than EVER before, why would a franchise that is a household name be on the decline with so many more potential customers than ever before? How can that not be looked at as an indictment of this franchises popularity?

And before anyone says that there are more games now to choose from than before, stop! New IP's come and old one's go all the time.

You can't tell me that out of all the new "casual gamers" out there now, that none of them is would have any interest in a Madden game. If everyone who has loved Madden, bought Madden, and you got even .001% of the new gamers to buy it, the sales would be up. But they are not. They are down.

What else can be gleaned from this other than that some of the people that used to buy Madden, are not buying it anymore, and that there are not enough newcomers to offset this? This points directly to popularity, regardless of whether 10 is actually a better game than 09 or not, which in my opinion it is. Again this has nothing to do with the game itself, just the bottom line. Not to sound like a broken record, but how is this not a bad sign?