Old 11-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #108
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well sure, there are many factors that lead a company to lose in sales. One of the major factors is the over saturation of the gaming market. I think you would like to hang your hat on that the quality is declining, but I couldn't agree with that because in my opinion, 10 is much better than 9. By the way, the over saturation comment came from an ex-EA employee that posts here.(not from Madden)
There in lies the rub lol. I have never said anything about quality. To the contrary, I have implored people to take their personal likes or dislikes of the game out of the equation.

I have not said, nor do I think that the decline in sales is attributed to quality per se. Although that is subjective. I am just saying that the decline in sales is:

A) A bad omen and...
B) That it is directly attributable to the franchises popularity which is irrespective of the quality of a given product in the franchise.

It probably has more to do with being burned by past titles and not giving the newer ones a chance, because of past experience, even if the newer ones are better.

I think we are seeing the George Bush effect. Fool me once and all that lol.