Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #110
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As I stated before, which you refuse to believe, is over saturation of the gaming market. If you can't see that, then there is no use to carry on.

By the way, I didn't mention, yet, welcome back.

Welcome back.
I don't know what you mean by over saturation of the gaming market. Do you mean that there are more games now than ever before and therefore the consumer's focus is split and that is causing Madden's sales to decline, or do you mean that there are more casual gamers that have no interest in Madden?

In either scenario, that would not make a case. I don't think that the total number of games released each year has increased. I would be willing to wager that it has decreased slightly due to the much higher costs for making current gen titles. That does does two things. Small companies have a harder time breaking into the market for one, and large one's don't take chances on as many new IP's that have no track record as they used to.

If you are talking about too many gamers, that holds no weight either. The larger the gaming audience, the more potential customers you have. Numbers should be up with all these new gamers, or at least remain constant, but certainly not declining.

If you meant something else by over saturation of the gaming market, please explain.

And thanks for having me back lol.