Old 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #111
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ah ok, I just never equated you to a person that likes Madden. I stand corrected on the quality issue.

I don't think it's as bad as you portray it.(yes, I said it again) I think Ian has said Madden is EA's cash cow, even though it might be a less of a cash cow now then in the past.

We can go back to what smart companies do when sales decline, but we've already been through that. Based on the cutting of 1500 and probably other cutbacks we don't know about, Madden will be fine.(yes, I said it again)
I don't know how you would get the idea that I am someone that doesn't like Madden. I've only owned every single one lol. I am at my breaking point with the franchise though to the point that I have not played 10 since I don't know when. The potential for a Football game itch that needs scratching at some point is the only thing that has prevented my trading it in thus far. Probably stupid on my part, but such is the mentality of a Football gamer that buys the same title year after year anyway lol. But I digress.

Here's the thing. If Madden was just fine as you say, then there would not be the necessity to cut all those jobs, would there be? Unless if you think that every EA IP EXCEPT Madden, is the cause for jobs being lost and doors being closed. I am not saying it is all Madden's fault, but as it's cash cow as you have admitted, how can it not be at least one of the chief suspects?
Advertisements - Register to remove