Old 11-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #113
Bgamer90
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Call me pessimistic, but the fact that they only mentioned the sales of current gen as opposed to overall sales, is a clear indication of spin to hide the fact that overall sales are still down, even with that 3% increase on current gen.

You are still missing the point of an argument that you brought up. The install base of gaming platforms OVERALL has increased, therefore the fact that the sales of Madden is not increasing is a bad sign.
The thing is though that you are acting like this is the first time in which this has happened for Madden... the first time in which Madden sales decreased on an older console as the number of the people that have the console grew when it's not. That's why I'm not getting how you guys are making this out to be a sign that Madden is in trouble since if that was the case then Madden would have always been in trouble since like I said, the PS1 versions of Madden sold less and less after the PS2 was released even though the PS1 still got sales.

Since this was the case, would you say that Madden was in trouble back during the early days of the PS2 since the sales of the PS1 versions of Madden were down?

Quote:
If I were to tell you that the total sales of MW3 on PS3, 360, and the 720 were LESS than the total sales of MW 2 on just the PS3 and the 360, when the install base of the PS3 and the 360 was smaller, would that not be an indication that MW3 is not as successful as MW2?
(Read what I said above)

Quote:
If that trend continued for the subsequent release of MW4 and 5 and 6 and the numbers kept going down as the install base increased, would that not be a sign that the franchise is in trouble?

That's exactly what has happened to Madden. This isn't rocket science.
If the trend was like how it was in previous gens, the sales of the 360 and PS3 versions will pick up more and more as the years go by. I really doubt that they will ever be as high as the PS2 though since for that to happen the 360 and PS3 would have to get Wii type of numbers and that should be taken into account as well (and not just "people hate Madden").

It isn't rocket science but again, like I said many times before, this trend isn't new since the same was the case with the PS1 Maddens after the PS2 was released and that's all that I'm saying.

How can this be a sign of Madden being in big trouble when basically the same thing happened last gen?

Anyways, you are right in terms of me not knowing exactly how much profit they made. I would assume that they did make profit on the 360/PS3 versions since the game sold well on though not as much profit as before seeing as how iirc Ian said that Madden 10 had the biggest budget ever out of any Madden to date.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 11-19-2009 at 06:19 PM.