View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #133
alliance4g63
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Really? Are you sure about that or are you just using these forums as a representation of that?

While Madden may have lost fans they have also gained fans as well as many people agree that it's the first Madden that's better than Madden 2005 overall. I have some people on my friends list that still play Madden 10 even though games like MW2 are "what's hot". Also, if people were cool with playing other sports titles so much then why didn't other sports titles make the LIVE activity list outside of Madden and FIFA? I remember hearing that NBA 2k10 had a 60% sales increase from 2k9. The 360 version of NBA 2k9 made the top of the sales charts this time last year. NBA 2k10 sold 60% more than that yet it wasn't shown in the LIVE activity top 10 chart for this month.
Is it really Madden on the decline or is it just sports gaming as a whole due to shooters gaining more and more buzz?

Im still catching up on the reading but had to respond to this again. I already mentioned the reasoning behind this. Fifa, Madden and just about every game on the top 10 sell atleast 1 millilon+. All other sports game will be lucky to break 500k. Madden 10 as far as we know sold about 3-4 million. So what that is telling me is that the people that did buy the game are just not playing it. Which is another alarming trend and also should be obvious. There are a lot of people that are not playing just because they are waiting for a patch.

Not being in the top 10 has a lot of factors behind it.. All being negative for Madden football. I don't see how you can spin this in any positive way without looking like an overly optimistic Ea fanboy. Whatever you want to blame it on, it is still negative for Ea football. And that is the bottom line, the facts have spoken.