View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #135
alliance4g63
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sales decline=profits decline=doors closing. My point about saturation is that people are probably tired of the yearly production of sports games. That is probably one of the reasons why you see sales declining.

Madden has been declining in sales since last generation and they are still producing the game.

As I've stated before, business stay in business because they make sound business decisions for the whole company.

Also, I think I read in this thread somewhere that Madden has sold 4 million copies so far. I would think between now and the holidays they could must at least 600,000 sold. If that happened, that would break the 4.5 million they sold last year, wouldn't it.

And then the chain would be broken for consecutive years declining sales, right?
I dont agree that people are tired of the yearly sports releases because it has been mentioned that Nba2k10 sales have increased.

Look this is the bottom line. No matter the economy, you make a quality product with a good release it will sell. Two games are a testiment to that point, Ufc Undisputed and Batman:AA. Two new IPs that broke sales estimates.

Since I brought up the UFC let me make another point about the economy. UFC has done extremely well in the PPV market even with a PPV every month. Guess what company blamed the economy for their lackluster PPV sales, the WWE. It's so easy to blame everything else other than the obvious, your product.

Advertisements - Register to remove