Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 AM   #37
carnalnirvana
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
I skipped over alot of this thread because I have my own opinion on this subject. I don't think OVR should be removed, because it is a good basis for talent. However, I wish that the player with the higher OVR wasn't always put as a starter on the CPU depth chart. On the Titans, Nick Harper is the 2nd highest rated corner, but is absolutely horrible. Gives up big plays and catches due to a horrible man cover rating and being slow. But he has a high OVR due to his AWR rating, it seems. Mike Mickens, a guy who is a 66 OVR plays lightyears better than Harper. About 15 points higher in man coverage and just a little less zone coverage (I play alot of man). The drawback is his AWR, which only seems to get him penalized for face masks and PI than anything.

OVR doesn't always give you the best player, and I wish there was a better way for CPU teams to set their depth charts
this is exactly why i wish OVR would be dropped, let people build their depth charts based on who is best for the job not on who has the highest rating, becuae i know alot of people are obsessed with this rating. they only want 90+ players, i hate that in madden all players are good at everything, ex. joey porter this dude is a pass rusher he should not be in coverage, his coverage numbers should be low 50's but to heep him 90+ they pad his numbers, same with guys like AD he does not need 90+ in break tackle, stiff arm, juke, spin, elusiveness etc.... all to make him a 99

#18 greatest EVA....