Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #40
DonkeyJote
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
this is exactly why i wish OVR would be dropped, let people build their depth charts based on who is best for the job not on who has the highest rating, becuae i know alot of people are obsessed with this rating. they only want 90+ players, i hate that in madden all players are good at everything, ex. joey porter this dude is a pass rusher he should not be in coverage, his coverage numbers should be low 50's but to heep him 90+ they pad his numbers, same with guys like AD he does not need 90+ in break tackle, stiff arm, juke, spin, elusiveness etc.... all to make him a 99
Exactly (though I disagree about Adrian Petersen, he should have high ratings in all those things since he's really good about all of that). Football is becoming a more and more specialized and situational game. Linebackers and linemen are rotated depending on situation all the time. Same with running backs, and to a lesser extent WR's. The only position that effectively gets rotated is RB right now in Madden. How good the linebacker is overall isn't important. How good he is against the run or against the pass individually is a lot more important.