View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
astarr
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

The outcry over this is insane. The FA system is broken. If it was just a player here and there demanding outrageous salaries because they don't really want to come to your team, it would be great.

Personally, I use this loophole judiciously. I do have house rules set up to prevent me from abusing it. I just think that it is ridiculous to have to sign a FA for a few games due to injury and have to pay them astronomical amounts of money. Or, my favorite, a player gets injured going into the last game of the season and you have to pay him a ridiculous amount for one game.

What I do is look at the salaries for the player's position and similar skill sets and pay him accordingly. You don't have to sign them to the minimum of what it allows.

Yeah, you could steal players in the draft every year. The draft is way to easy. I would say in two to three years you could replace every important player on your team with someone who is similarly skilled or much better (especially speed), but maybe some people want to keep some of the actual real players on their team.

Oh, well, too each their own.