Old 11-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #149
Tyrant8RDFL
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Is it really Madden on the decline or is it just sports gaming as a whole due to shooters gaining more and more buzz?
Simply put yes, and it has nothing to do that shooters are the buzz now.

The only diffference is shooters have reached that level of a gaming experience that we look for in a shooter, and sports games have not. This is why games like COD sell so well. Its a solid product.

That is changing now with Live, NHL, FIFa, MLB The Show, and some others, but time will be needed to regain the consumers trust. (Exclude the show on consumers trust.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Madden 10 has sold well so that prediction hasn't came true. I really don't see how one can say that. They might be down when you add up the sales across all platforms but they certainly aren't bad (well at least in terms of the 360/PS3 versions).

Funny you mention NBA Live... NBA Live 10 sold horribly even though it improved a lot from Live 09. Live 10 didn't even crack the top 20 in sales.
1.Where Madden needed to be at sales was not reached and that does make my prediction true.

2. I simply mentioned how live won me back, and thats it. Dont know why your mentioning live sale figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There are various reasons, the prevalent one being that the series has been around longer than any other and people are simply tired of purchasing it each year and are going to every other year or every three year purchases. As I said, if the product's quality was the reason people are buying it less then how do you explain past inferior versions selling well?

And to compare MW2 to Madden is apples and oranges. MW2 isn't a yearly title. A better comparison would be Madden to Fifa or Madden to The Show. Even then the comparisons aren't really valid as those series haven't been around near as long as Madden.
I hear what your saying, but in the past i never grew tired at all of buying a new football title year after year. Actaully it was very exciting, and I looked forward to it. Everyone I know felt the same way, and we always turned it into a special day.
I mean think about it. A Madden release launch was like a holiday, so I dont see how you can say that people have grwon tired of buying a football title every year.

The only thing people got tired of was buying Madden every year and getting burnt. Since next gen it has been a nightmare.

The reason why I stopped buying madden, is simlple. The product falls very short of producing a solid football experience.

Im sure many feel the same way.