View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #21
DonkeyJote
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Putting a player in motion

I'm not saying motion doesn't happening. I'm saying it's part of the play. It's predetermined motion. And when I said you shouldn't be able to send a guy back, I meant you don't see a slot receiver go, stop, set, and go back.

Peyton Manning changes a lot of things. But he rarely changes formations or adds motion at the line. He audibles to new plays, maybe throws in some hot routes, but he doesn't draw stuff in the dirt.

And that's the same thing with calling it in a huddle. They aren't calling plays and saying, "and Reggie, you're going to go in motion." That would mess up the spacing and the timing of the play. So say your play is 292 skat (a pass play). You aren't going to run a 292 skat, and send the z in motion. That would be a whole different play. They don't take plays that don't have motion, and add motion, unless the guy is going to end up in the same spot he started. It doesn't happen. And the second kind doesn't happen a lot. If a guy is going in motion, it was already put in the play. So it'll be z-motion 476 stop. It'll have motion in the play call. A team is NEVER going to run a play without having practiced it, and motion changes a play dramatically since it changes where the player is.

And when I said read LB's and Safeties, I meant post snap. Because they can disguise their coverage with motion too.

All in all, I'm not saying, in any way, shape, or form, that motion should not be in the Madden. On the contrary, I'd like to see a lot more motion put into the playbooks. But putting guys in motion at LoS is the equivalent of drawing plays in the dirt, and you don't see that in the NFL. If Peyton went to the line, and kicked his foot without motion being called, no one would no where to go. Even if the receiver knew he was supposed to go in motion, he wouldn't know how far or how fast to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove