View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 03:16 AM   #28
MAHAM
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Putting a player in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I'm not saying motion doesn't happening. I'm saying it's part of the play. It's predetermined motion. And when I said you shouldn't be able to send a guy back, I meant you don't see a slot receiver go, stop, set, and go back.

Peyton Manning changes a lot of things. But he rarely changes formations or adds motion at the line. He audibles to new plays, maybe throws in some hot routes, but he doesn't draw stuff in the dirt.
When people are motioning, why would you consider that drawing a play in the dirt? I know what play I'm going to run and the adjustments before I even call the play. That's what practice mode is for. The Madden playbooks are small compared to NFL playbooks, so I consider the plays I make at the line as part of my playbook.

Using the Colts as an example isn't the greatest considering they don't use much motion. When they do, its usually a WR that motions closer to the line. They don't motion across the line or back and forth from what I see, though other teams do. Its basic strategy. Smarfootball.com has a few articles that talks about that and using other motions to force the D to show their look. Other teams use alot of formation shifts, which are not on Madden anymore, so the only option is to use motion. I have no problem with people motioning on Madden because its the only way to get different sets and looks for plays.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-21-2009 at 03:30 AM.