View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #53
DonkeyJote
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

The problem with removing ratings totally is most of us don't have time (or want to spend the time) in practice finding out how good players are. With no ratings, you have to start almost from scratch. Just taking away the overall still gives you the ability to decide what players you want to play without practicing a ton. You still have to make decisions though, and not just plug in the guy with the highest rating. Still allows for coaching.

I remember a baseball game (maybe MVP, I can't remember) that had a little meter for overall. However, it took age and potential into account, so you really couldn't use it too much for roster evaluation, because a AA player could have a higher ovr rating than a MLB starter, but wasn't as good in the present. It took upside into account heavily. I liked it, because it forced me to make my own decisions on players. The Overall was more of a value rating than a how good they are rating. I liked that a lot. That would be a good alternative to the present system, or a no overall system.