View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Why can't players have 100 Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
100 would imply perfection, and no one is perfect. But then, I don't think we should be using numbers at all. This is the equivelant of knowing Mario's speed as compared to Sonci's instead of just knowing Sonic is faster. Sports games have been extremely lazy with their design by using numbers instead of real world stats, scouting techniques, and just letting gamers enjoy the player playing the game. The ability list is one thing APF2K8 did really well (view it here).

As said above me, 100 doesnt imply perfection. Under the current system 99 would be considered perfect just as much as a 100 would be if it went up to 100 instead of 99.

The way the game works is with a bunch of mathematical formulas that give you a chance of something to happen. Just because you have a 100 doesnt mean you will be able to perform said action 100% perfect. It just means you will have a higher chance to perform the action then someone who has a lower rating. In a typical system, devs wont allow any player to have a 100% chance to do something because in the NFL any given player on any given down still has a small chance to perform.(Then again Im not a dev of Madden and cant say this is so but that would be how I would want the game to be able to perform)