View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #83
RyanMoody21
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Now imo this(video) is just a good tip to beat those guys that like to abuse the global BnR D.
I don't see this tip being a glitch at all.

I guess if the cpu A.I. called the global BnR every play and this same thing happened on every play, then I would consider it a glitch. But thats not the case. So I don't.

Again, its got nothing to do with "global BnR", and everything to do with setting your hot routes to insure the WR at the line runs right into the DB. Watch the video, Woodson is playing 10 yards off the line, thats hardly press coverage.

Watching the video again, you might wanna notice that Jackson is open on the Post and the Slant when covered by Al Harris.

Your admitting that if a guys calls BnR coverage, you would use this to beat it because you think the games BnR animations are glitchy. Therefore this makes it ok for you to set up a glitch play in return, that turn about is fair play.

Again, the problem is in this example, your not doing this against press coverage. Which is exactaly why when I labbed this against different defenders. Its the routes being run that set the pick, its got nothing to do with the DB.

I suppose what we have here is the age old debate of what "Madden Ball" has become. I guess some of you feel hot routing your players to run into defenders to get your guys open is strategy or makes you a better or smarter player than your opponent. However, some argue (like myself) that when you modify a play where you get a pre determined result, then your just cheating.

Thats the difference between real NFL strategy and "stick skills". On Sunday, not one NFL coach can call an offensive play and be 100% certain of a positive outcome, right down to the WR who will get open. In Madden, specifically with this play, thats just not the case. There is zero strategy in knowing the outcome of a play before you call it.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.