View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #23
Dmacho
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: 2k8's Ratings or Maddens old number system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Why not just leave them in and make them like a 1 or something?

The exceptions would be then those with 60s or whatever - high at those "secondary" skills for their position.

Far easier and more consistent from a programming standpoint and still accomplishes the same thing.

The real problem with the ratings as they are now, imo, is they don't mean enough, not that a OL has a 5 in RTE. The problem is that 5 doesn't really make him suck at running routes.
That works fine if you keep Madden's old number system the way it is now. I was proposing a combo of 2k8's ability system and Madden's numerical system. There would still be a number system, but certian players would have attributes that other players wouldn't. The ratings would be more specific to the position. For example, WRs would have ratings for every route.

In my opinion, there are already too many ratings. I'm no programmer, but the myriad of ratings may be what is causing the ratings to be irrelevant. If there were ratings for every route, there wouldn't be any need in giving a olineman or Dlineman ratings for every route.