Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #47
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Route Running in Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBAlki
Yeah, sorry for whatever reason I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what I am trying to explain. If it is 10 yard curl, if you throw it before they are stopped they will come back to the ball. If the defender is right on him, or I think he will tackle him in while he is in the animation for catching, I won't even attempt it. Basically, by not making any attempt to move, you are getting the forward progress spot.
In the NFL a player gets the forward progress from when he was hit. If he was to fight through the tackle and struggle back after hit he would not be awarded the first forward progress yardage. At least that is how I understand it.
I think the easiest way to sum up what I am saying is that if I don't think I am going to make anything, or need the spot right where I caught it, I won't press up on the right stick at all, or any other direction.
I hope I explained this coherently! For whatever reason, I am having a hard time explaining what I am thinking.... lol Maybe cause it's Monday
That makes sense, sounds like the AI must not be fighting forward then after the catch, where as I usually switch to manually make the catch and then immediately run side ways or up field, even if I'm in the grasp. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely give this a try and see if it helps.

I do believe though if a player is pushed back not of his on volition, then the ball is supposed to be marked at the point of his last forward progress. I think this is probably a bug. Football gurus pleasse feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one.