View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
mr_president
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: has anyone noticed there is no suction blocking/tacklingon kickoffs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
yes you can reduce suction via the sliders... that is actually what a number of the sliders control, the amount of suction

the pass block slider controls suction blocking on passes... on run plays the run block slider controls suction blocking

lower both to 0 and you will see suction blocking greatly reduced, raise them to 100 to see maximum suction blocking

suction tackling can be removed by putting the tackle slider at 0

the thing to note is that if you change these, you have to change other slider as well to counteract some of the results (for example, by reducing the distance players can tackle from, their positioning becomes much more important... they wont simply suction into a good tackle, if they are in bad position, they are more likely to trigger a bad tackle animation, like a 1 arm tackle, which in turn is easier to break)... but if you are looking for the game to look/feel a lot smoother and more natural, and make physics and player positioning actually seem to matter, you should minimize the suction in all parts of the game
yes i agree.

aside from the suction when playing O & D i have the game set up to play a really solid game. i just have to translate that magic from the kicking game to the O & D.