Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #30
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
Might not be unplayable to you, but it is to me......sorry having unrealistic stats for franchise basically kills it for me, might not for you but does me.

watching how poor the blocking is in the game time after time.....it's fun not sacking the qb but watching the ball float in the air for easy picks all game, or having the computer qb just drop back and throw a floating ball "not even hit" 10 yards to a guy covered

that's unplayable to me, I dont care what you think..go have fun with it... I guess you like playing broken games, and well that's flat out "idiotic"
Unrealistic stats totals in franchise? I agree that passing TD's are a tad high and rushing TD's are a tad low, but if that's why franchise is unplayable to you then have you ever played a franchise mode in any NFL video game before? There's always been some kind of oddity, especially in Madden games. Whether it's a the habitual 2000 yard rushers or guys racking up 250 tackles a year, there's always been something. The problems with franchise stat tracking this year are pretty damn minimal and easy enough to look over. They should definitely be addressed for next year (or with the upcoming patch, if possible) but it's not a game breaker at all.

As for your gameplay gripes... that's Madden. I despise the blocking and some of the CPU/AI issues, but a patch is not going to dramatically change this game. As much as it pains me to say this because you should never have to just settle, you just have to accept it. It's always been there, it always will be there.

If you can't look past some of these issues, I think you would be best suited to putting the controller down and playing whatever other NFL video game that appeals to you. I'm sorry if I offended you with my "flat out idiotic" comment, but people who expect this patch to fix all of their complaints with this series (especially those which aren't problems, just how the game is programmed to play) are going to be seriously disappointed. It'll be a cleaner version of the game, but it will still be Madden 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?