View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #34
puremvp1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Unrealistic stats totals in franchise? I agree that passing TD's are a tad high and rushing TD's are a tad low, but if that's why franchise is unplayable to you then have you ever played a franchise mode in any NFL video game before? There's always been some kind of oddity, especially in Madden games. Whether it's a the habitual 2000 yard rushers or guys racking up 250 tackles a year, there's always been something. The problems with franchise stat tracking this year are pretty damn minimal and easy enough to look over. They should definitely be addressed for next year (or with the upcoming patch, if possible) but it's not a game breaker at all.

As for your gameplay gripes... that's Madden. I despise the blocking and some of the CPU/AI issues, but a patch is not going to dramatically change this game. As much as it pains me to say this because you should never have to just settle, you just have to accept it. It's always been there, it always will be there.

If you can't look past some of these issues, I think you would be best suited to putting the controller down and playing whatever other NFL video game that appeals to you. I'm sorry if I offended you with my "flat out idiotic" comment, but people who expect this patch to fix all of their complaints with this series (especially those which aren't problems, just how the game is programmed to play) are going to be seriously disappointed. It'll be a cleaner version of the game, but it will still be Madden 10.
I'll most likely go back to nfl 2k5, if I can find a copy at gamestop...however i'd still like to find out what this patch is going do with the issues that I find " again that I find" unacceptable....because with those issues fixed..I think this will/would be the better game and probably the best madden since 05