View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #44
P. Hays
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: DE Swim Moves & Power Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_steve
I feel like if gotten the stick and jumps down pretty well (although the manual was useless). Most of the time I will move the faster REs to LE and do the following (my brain for some reason can not accomplish this form the RE position... I'm sure a lot of people can use this on both sides):

1. Adjust the end closer to the line (learn exactly where offsides gets called and get your end right up to that point, it will help your end jump the count)

2. line up your end's inside shoulder on the outside ear of the right tackle. I am trying to get close enough so the tackle engages the end... this allows you to get around the end without triggering those stupid missed power move animations on a good jump.

3. Next (and prior to snap) I hold the sprint button, push the right stick to the right and hold the left stick down to the point right before the end moves offsides.

4. When the ball is snapped slam the left stick down and you should rip/swim around the outside of the tackle - make sure to release the right stick after the rip or you will go into a stupid missed tackle animation.

5. If there is a FB I rip around him again, HBs get power moved with the stick down. If you are getting knocked over by these guys stop using the sprint button after the tackle - it increases your chance of loosing your footing.

6. If all of that worked you should have a shot at the QB. Hold the sprint button, get to within a couple of feet and dive at him with X. You will get the feel for this after a while, but the dive button stops those annoying throw away animations and allows your DE to rack up the sacks.

This works very well for me in passing situations with a 3 man defensive front and a MLB QB spy. Also works with the QB trap calls very well.

* The move that occurs is dictacted by the players stats. Great pass rushers with high FMV and PMV will swim (the best move in my opinion), while FMV-only guys will spin (too slow to create pressure unless the guy has very high speed)- PMV guys will swim or rip, but are usually too slow to create outside pressure.
Thanks. Im assuming this is pretty much the same for both 360 and PS3?