View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #44
sparkyiii2k
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: "Pinch" and "Spread OL Assignment and the Run Game

I think the slide,spread and pinch aren't as effective as we would like as we would like but I think they are serviceable if used sparingly and for quick hitters, it also depends on the ratings of both the offensive line and defensive line and the user themselves assuming we are not talking about coach mode. For instance and I'm speaking from my own personal experience: if you were to call a pass play and you got to the line of scrimmage and you saw the was overloaded to the left side you would either slide your back to that side assuming he' a good blocker and has good awareness. Now suppose you choose to slideyou offensive line protection to the left instead you have to know what defensive players are on that side what type of pass rusher is he, is the quick strong both what player is over loading that side a back safety what are their attributes then you must know everything about your offensive line their quickness strength pass blocking skills and most importantly their awareness can't stress that enough, and of course as you all well know this info and ajustments must be processed in seconds depending on what you have the accelerated clock on once the user processes this info they better have a hot reciver to get the to because the bocking will not hold up the a gaps my be protected for a fraction of second more but b gaps won't. As far as the run game goes I think outside runs fail mostly because the fullback fails to hold his block a lot of the time and other times miss their assignment completely again I'm baising this on my own experiences.