View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #41
Boregard
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: 2k8's Ratings or Maddens old number system?

Does anyone here honestly believe that making Madden more realistic would hurt sales in any group? I seriously doubt that an increase in realism would negatively impact sales!!!

The tourney crowd is really an insignificant percentage of M10 gamers, the online crowd is completely dwarfed by even the casual gamer who only plays the game when his buddies are over, and that group is tiny compared to the vast number of people who spend countless hours playing franchise mode, tweaking sliders, and begging for more realistic game-play!

I have lost tons of Madden buddies in this current gen of consoles because of the lack of realism - sprint on the trigger - the way players move (although the graphics are better the players movements in the game are jagged and unrefined) - despite the addition of ProTak you still get guys morphing out of the way of tackles or standing around watching the ball carrier break out of situations where they shouldn't and on and on and on!

I have a group of Madden guys who would rather play on PS2 just because the player movements are smoother and appear more fluid and life like, the removal of cut-moves and the very real feeling that you have no control over DL moves, then you add in all the stuff they screwed up moving to this gen and my PS3 has been reduced to a glorified PS2 with Blu-Ray capabilities.

Add in that this years' PS2 version has sideline catches, players seemingly more aware of the sidelines when yards are available - ie not running out of bounds - and the fact that the franchise mode is still better on last gen and what is the motivation for them to spend the bones to get into this gen???

Realism = better sales! I would bet my whole salary for a year that if they made no "new features" , put the last gen control layout back in, smooth out the player movements, and made the game play more of a chess game, and made the franchise mode improvements we beg for every year - the sales for M11 would break every video game sales record ever!

EA has lost more customers on this gen than they have gained for Madden, that is very evident to me just in my circle of friends that once included about 30 serious Madden gamers - of which about four of us still play regularly!
Advertisements - Register to remove