View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #56
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: "Pinch" and "Spread OL Assignment and the Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I know the Steeler playbook has some real nice runs in it, but I use them so I know the formation Lbz is talking about isn't in the PIT book.

BTW I've played a few hundred ranked matches and never noticed a consistent formation that runs well.

AW, I just thought of a new way to maybe look at line calls in the run game. Maybe instead of trying to visualize gap responsibility by your OL, visualize where you think the blitz is coming from and adjust your line call right at the blitz and see if that does anything. It seems kind of intuitive to me to lead your protection at the blitz and prevent penetration into the backfield.

Edit: @ Lbz. I think I know what you're talking about. I don't remember running into it but it may be worth it to practice with and against that formation just to get a basic gameplan down for it if it's really that devastating.

Yeah it's not in Pitt although Pitt has some pretty good runs in it. I just don't like how certain playbooks are the "money playbooks." EA needs to stop that.