View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #31
Boregard
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: A Rant about Madden.......minus the bashing

I have to say that the Adaptive AI we keep getting promised year after year is never there!

If my opponent calls the same damn play 5 times in one game and the defenders do not react to it better by the 3rd time there is no adaptive AI, and that includes HUM VS HUM games. There should be no money routes - cuz if you are getting burnt by the same route over and over in the game the AI controlled players for either a CPU or HUM controlled team should "adjust" to make that route less effective.

Take the slant route for example. I blitz a bunch and my opponent keeps killing me with the slant - I had the option to "shade" on last gen - but with that gone I have to now abandon certain blitzes cuz the slant is a money route because there is no way to "tell" the CB to take away the inside which is what he should be keying on (short routes) due to the blitz anyway!!!

Fixing the AI, does not make the game too hard for casual gamers because as many have said before that is what the lower difficulty settings are for!

Making the game more difficult by having the game play smarter rather than cheat should be freakin obvious by now!!!

And for that matter, since when should an 85 SPD guy run stride for stride with a 97 SPD guy on any setting???

Look I understand that the speed thing is a sore spot for some because it seems to out weigh most other ratings by far, but you should be able to use speed in situations where it makes sense. If the team you are playing has a great speed WR, then you have to bumb him, double him, roll the coverage towards him and all that - that is part of the chess game we are missing.

Same goes for elite pass rushers or run stuffers - they don't show up in M10 the way they should! You should have to chip them, hot route the TE or RB to block to their side - I mean where is any chess game stuff in M10? The big time players are hardly distinguishable from the above average players and that sucks!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove