Old 11-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: problems with shooting free throws

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
this is not new, the same as last year actually... but yeah free throws are really annoying this year, i found that using the side camera view really helps with the release point
Really? Do you mean online last year? Or on Playstation 3? I am 99.9% certain this problem was not in the same stratosphere in terms of severity in 2K9 for 360 offline. Last year both free throws appeared to have identical release points so, while perhaps those releases were not exactly at the moment the player let go of the shot, it was still possible to time out and learn uniformly.

This year, it took me a month of gameplay and someone else's suggestion on this website to realize that, on two free throws, the first attempt will have a vastly different release point than the second. As a fellow who normally makes an unrealistically high percentage of his video game free throws in past iterations, I was shooting an unrealistically low percentage at the start of this year's edition (2K10) due to the inconsistant release points. I've picked up on the pattern now, but it certainly appears (in my case anyway) to be a more severe problem than years past.