View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
GlennN
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Sim through the draft, write down the draft order, go through the rookies and figure out who fits your system and then go back through the draft order and plan accordingly - unless of course you don't want to "cheat"

I think that the current system sucks cuz NFL teams scout everyone and most teams belong to groups of teams that share scouting info, then they narrow down their board and watch film on players they feel would fit their system so they really know the measurable details, wether or not a guy is fast, catches in traffic, can jump in full gear or just at the combine, and on and on. The crap shoot comes in with how much of their game translates and can be improved and refined at the next level.

QBs are easy to use as an example, J. Russel was widely regarded as the best pro QB prospect in his class, but he hasn't put in the work or just doesn't get it - for what ever reason he stinks as a pro QB, every team passed on Brady, Romo, and several other guys at numerous positions - Marion Barber went in the 4th rd - how many teams you think would like to do that over?

The scouting should be changed, the game should be changed in some significant way to more highly value the position specific attributes and the physical ones should be less drawn out! and the scouting should concentrate on the position specific attributes!

I agree with alot of what you said (actually, my biggest disagreement is that Russell was widely regarded as the best QB in his admittedly poor QB class; as I recall there was a great deal of speculation on whether he could handle the pro game). With regard to Madden, though, you are spot on. Some great points! Also, I would love to see Madden improve the way information is presented - let us scroll through combine information instead of having to go into each player's information one by one.