Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Important Ratings for Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Very good information! I appreciate you clarifying. How do other folks feel about the impact of AGI and ACC on how CBs play in Madden (as opposed to ZCV and MCV ratings)? It is confusing to me, since they appear to be overlapping ratings (again, assuming the ratings even matter). One would think a CB could not survive in man coverage without elite AGI and ACC, though, a CB could have elite AGI and ACC but not be good in man coverage. Does the game engine really process such differences?

My guess (again assuming the ratings do/well be patched to do anything) is that AGI would matter with changing directions on cuts. Like if the WR is running straight upfield, but then makes a good cut ot the inside, AGI would impact how well the CB changes direction.

Meanwhile the MCV rating would allow him to be more successful batting down the ball, etc. So a guy with good AGI but bad MCV wouldn't make many plays on the ball (deflections, reaching, etc), but he'll be all over the WR and might take him away that way (i.e. the QB reads it as a bad risk and looks elsewhere).

We've seen guys in the real game that have been all over the WR but the ball still gets in there because he's late with the swat or isn't in the best position to make the play - those things could be impacted by MCV.