Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #86
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I'm not trying to hate cuz I like the game and think the devs did make some serious improvements this year. Its definitely the best next gen Madden.
Nevertheless HolyCrap was right in that not everything they have said has been delivered upon. Two examples of this from this year are the stadium specific sounds and breaking career records cut scene (not being disappointed).

Stadium Specific Sounds:
I'm not finding the original quote from Ian about it but its obvious that it was made since he acknowledged it here in his interview with game informer "GI: Why are their no realistic stadium sounds in this year's game? No Vikings horn or Lions roars?
IC: As I mentioned in the previous question, this is one area that we weren't able to spend as much time on as we had originally hoped. It is definately a priority for the future.":
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040362186

And the thing about breaking records is pretty well documented here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...appointed.html

Like I said though, I don't wanna bash anybody because I can understand it. Some times you make plans and in the end with all the deadlines you can't come through. It happens. But as wrong as it is for people to get billigerent about missing features and call the devs names it is also wrong to pretend like certain things weren't promised.

But back to the patch, I'm looking forward to it.
I'm looking forward to the patch as well, but I find it hard pressed where features from patch notes were not delivered in a patch. This is what this thread is all about, patch or title update. It's not about a topic outside the patch.

It's apples and oranges what is delivered in a patch vs what is delivered during the production of the game.

No need to push the panic button on what will be delivered in the patch.