Old 12-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #21
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA to focus on "quality games" in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Not true at all man. You do know 2K will get a little less than half Madden's sales if this happened, right? They'd get less money, and less money to develop a better game. I don't think anybody can honestly tell me that EA didn't try their hardest in making Madden 10 great. They may have come up a little short (I'll wait for the patch to judge this, even though I play the game tons), you can bet next year there will be significant amounts of improvements also. Without the license, Madden would lose sales, development money, and crumble. A smart bussiness decision would be to keep the license. Although me and you don't like it, it's going to happen unless their sales are so bad that they give up on Madden altogether (doubt this will happen).
I'd tend to disagree. Many gamers, like myself, buy everything nfl. Madden sales would go down, but not anywhere near half. I don't think 2k managed more than 35% of the market in 2005.

The money being poured into the exclusive license isn't chump change either. If they went the old route, the savings would probably make up for the loss in sales and also give the developers a bigger budget to work with for improving their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove