View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #288
kcarr
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

I think 2k5 was the closest so far of hiving the "right system". HC09 had some great elements in there as well with the potential. Eventually I would like to see an even more advanced system in place.

First off, as big of a fan as I am of potential and as much as it is needed to keep the current system balanced in my system we would advance past the need for potential atleast as a hardcap type potential. As with head coach there would be a necessary number or points to advance a skill point one level. There would be a "potential" type limit set on each rating but rather than a hard cap it would just increase the rate at which the number of points required increases.

For example a WR has a 76 in catching with a "potential" or 80 for his catching ratings. To reach 77 he may need 100 points, to reach 78 110, 79 would take 120, and 80 would take 130. He could still continue but 81 might take 230 points, 82 maybe 330, 83 would be 430 etc so it would become really tough to increase beyond that. With the training schedule I am about to lay out it would take way too much of your training allotment to be worthwhile.

For training it would be similar to 2k5 where you lay out your training regimine and you should be able to do this week to week, during OTAs, and training camp, and all other times where any practice is happening. The difference would be rather than being limited to solely temperary bonuses there should be a number of both actual long term training and game preperation so you would have to find a balance between actually improving your players long term and having them prepared for the game.

Play learning also needs to come into play and be an important part of the required preperation for the games. This would make for a lot of decisions that would have to be made in terms of making sure your players are ready. Also, you should be able to determine which players are playing which spot training on which plays. This way for your team to implement something such as the wildcat you would have to put the preperation into it and if you want multiple players to play multiple spots within the system they would have to practice those.