View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #16
mm boost
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What is your opinion on the strength of the Saints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
But those numbers are skewed since most of those rushing yards and rushes come as they are closing out the game. During the game I see about 3 passes to 1 run until they get there big leads than as they say they bring in there closer Mike Bell and Thomas to run the clock out.

Its like when the Cardinals was #1 in rush defense this year by ranking but the reality was that they got there big leads and there opposing team would have to go to the air and abandon the run to catch up with them.

Its the same thing that happened to the 2005 Seahawks how they were ranked #4 in rush defense but the Seahawks were also the team that scored on there 1st drive in 13 of there games that year and than that 2005 team with Alexander started to pile on the points and teams had to play catch up through the air.
But this is still a legit strategy of a balanced offense. If the playcalling is mostly pass at the beginning then mostly run at the end, if the numbers come out close in comparison, then that makes them balanced. Pass heavy would be considered the Florida Tebows, where they keep on passing the ball. When I played in college up until I graduated this past year, we were considered a balanced offense, but our quarterback threw over 4,200 yards with around 36 td's. People look at that and say, "they are pass heavy." But, you look at our rushing attack when we Had Ra'Shad Morgan, he ran over well over 1,000 yards; I can't remember the exact number, but it was really high. We balanced out our extremely successful passing attack with a dominate running game. The running game compliments the passing game and vice versa in a balanced offense, and this is definately how the Saints are. They have both.