View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #42
RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Now I understand that QB's throw bad passes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Yes, but until they add in a way to really show that miscommunication, such as adding in route based passing and play knowledge, then this is as close as they can get. That said, I have seen a few this year that were pretty poorly thrown just as a miss and throw to the DB but yeah, most of those are miscommunication.
They already have route based passing to a limited extent. You can time and anticipate routes in concert with the dropback better in M10 than any other Madden this generation. At least in my opinion you can.

I think to produce miscommunications in Madden, we need more option routes for the receivers. You know, options in which the route is predicated by the defense. If they could give us more of these and tie that into the receiver's awareness, we could have a decent replica of miscommunications.

But in order for something like that to work, the lead passing would have to function a little more strongly. Sometimes now, I press to lead passes and it doesn't exactly lead except for the ones where I hit up to put a lot of air underneath. I went into practice mode yesterday and intentially threw behind the receivers and the game itself would not let it happen. If we could have a little more control over our passes as predicated by the lead-passing function, we'd have an even more realistic passing game.

Last edited by RGiles36; 12-07-2009 at 02:51 PM.