View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #42
stux
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I understand where some of you are coming from,serious.I think it's good to have a way to communicate with the developers.But think about it like this.

Wasnt Madden a better game back in the day before we had wishlists?

98,99, and so on? Fans of certain features blow up if their feature isnt at point on.Even if its just a tad off.Then the develpoers try to satisfy them the best they can and it ends up like this.I was HAPPY with the stats b4.Like another poster b4 said in differnet words.YOU CANT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.

And please guys keep in mind what the MOD said b4.Keep this thread civil.
It isn't our interaction with the dev team that is creating the issues.

They started with the transition to the PS3/X-box 360. I think they just haven't been able to get it to work on these systems. They created a BAD game engine for these two systems and are either to lazy or to cheap to drop them and start fresh.

Every year they aren't spending the money they need to fix ALL the bad mistakes they have made since we started on these current systems.

You know as well as I that they have said, well we didn't have time to start again (stats coding, progression coding) SO we are doing the best we can with what we have.

Translation, we don't care, have the money, my boss is an *** and I can't change his mind, or we just don't know how to fix it.

07 was complete garbage I have played games design from college students that played better with less bugs. The game wasn't at all playable.

08 was just barely better then 07 and was complete crap as well.

09 again slight improvement over 08. The franchise and games would freeze to the point I had to get up and turn off my PS3. It took some time to FIND a work around from Ian for this problem. This is when I finally got SO sick and tired of the BS Madden problems that I started going online and COMPLAINING. I didn't come on line to HELP the dev team with my IDEAS. I came online because I PISSED that the game was to the point it wasn't at all playable after having played the game since 1993.

10 lots of bugs but the gameplay is fun. But again the offline franchise is bugged with no more then excuses to as why there are such issues. If the earlier dev teams had the problems that Madden has had since 2008 were wouldn't be talking about Madden.

All the Maddens from 1993 to 2006 (08 and 07 on the ps3 because they had a great base to build on) were great games for their times.

This year is the first year of potential since the PS2 started getting stale. They just tried too much and didn't have the ability (financial or otherwise) to put out a good product.

The gameplay patches have IMO turned out well and improved the game and I think there will be a great gameplay in Madden next year. Props to Ian because I think he was leading this part.

But it almost seems they aren't willing, able, or capable of turning out a good offline franchise. Now I don't know if that is because they would rather focus on online OR they don't have the funds from the bosses OR they just aren't capable.

But no matter how you look it:

It has nothing to do with none EA employees. They make the game not you not me.