Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #31
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Bing.com Ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA14
Mine are Madden Arcade is now available ads. EVERY play on my PS3. Every SINGLE play it pops up, the exact same ad. Wow.
Yeah, I wonder what makes it popup every time for some users, and other users don't ever see the Ad, or only see it once at the start of the game. Seems strange that it's consistent for some, and not there at all for others. I asked Ian if they had code segments for black listed users such that:

if(user == 'Valdarez') displayAdEveryPlay;

heh

Some suggested fixes are changing banner displays to 'Minimal' (seem to reduce the frequency the Ads would pop up game wise, but failed to keep them from displaying on every play once they were showing), and for XBox 360 users you can unplug your internet cable. Not sure how PS3 users would disable their wireless. I think you'd have to delete the connection (yuck!). If someone else has a better work around for the PS3, I'd be interested to hear it.

I haven't entered the code to play online leagues. I wonder if they are using that as a way to gauge who has bought the game new, and are spamming the guys who bought it used? For the guys that are getting Ads every single play, did you buy the game new or used?
Advertisements - Register to remove