View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
stux
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Progression and Regression in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I would say for the simplicity of the system they were working with, the progression system came out ok.

Now, maybe I'm being a bit less critical than I should in some cases because I actually have met most of these guys, I've had lunch with a few of them, drinks with others, 3AM design discussions in crunch time, all that, so perhaps my familiarity makes me less willing to criticize them publicly (this is at least partially true, as my internal documents are more critical than what I post here) but I think the best way to characterize Madden 10 is to say a great team did what they could with a poor foundation. I think when you look at what Josh Looman and Donny Moore did with a clean slate on NFL Head Coach 09, you can see these guys know what they need to do, but need some time to get there. They're working with the same skeleton we've had for years, and they made the progression system respectable.

Stats play a role, but (in my opinion, rightly) age and potential play a much bigger one.
Adem,

Well that was well put. Haven't seen you much these days.

Anyway, are they EVER going to get a clean slate? OR are we stuck with this crap foundation and the excuses that come with it for this generation of Madden?

I can understand that are working with an existing system and time restraints. But it does get tired hearing excuses.

I have no doubt that these guys aren't bad dudes but at the end of the day if I am not getting what I want out of the game I just am simply going to loose interest.

EA needs to bite the bullet and admit the messed up big time on this generation and spend the cash it takes to get things right. I mean this was the first time in four years madden had even any potential.

But anyway, I don't mean to hijack the post. I just thought Adem could add some in site of things to come. Redoing everything starting over like they did for HC09 would improve everything INCLUDING progression.