View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #106
Miles_Yuhas
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
Really? I thought for sure they mentioned it was all in-game back at E3 (2006)... and they made sure to put a lot of emphasis on that as well.

I got this quote from a IGN article back when the trailer came out, and they claimed it was "in-game" footage as well: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707241p1.html

"The 2 minute 17 second clip was based on in-game, real-time footage, which displayed Master Chief for the first time in the next generation on Xbox 360. "

"The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process, and while it required long hours and hard work from many, many Bungie staffers, it utilizes real-game assets, fiction and locations from parts of the 'real' game," reads Bungie.net.

Based on that Bungie quote, it looks as if only parts of it were in-game. I guess the fancy armor got the axe.

If Bungie says it's from an opening cut scene, than I suppose the Reach one is legit.
Yeah, parts of it, looks like some of the environment textures were from the game engine.

There was a vidoc released shortly after that E3 that was a making of the trailer with interviews from Bungie staff. In that video it was stated that the trailer was basically the goal for the game, although at the time they seemed to feel very confident that they would meet those lofty expectations.

The fact that this is the second full game engine built from the ground up on the 360 by Bungie leads me to belief that this engine is going to be pretty amazing stuff, and judging on the trailer is pretty impressive. Just watched the trailer in HD again, looks gorgeous.