View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
British Bronco
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I had seven guys average better then 7 ypc. Turner was the highest at 7.8 ypc. I can't play this game anymore. The patch made the gameplay much better but I can't play a franchise with 2-3 guys breaking Dickerson mark every year and seeing the top 15 ball carriers averaging 6+ YPC.

This has to be fixed, I can not believe they thought this would be OK. I am a huge fan of Josh Looman with HC '09 but how in the heck did this happen? These are High School numbers.
The problem is not Josh. The problem is an utterly broken stat generation engine that seems to have been built backwards instead of building up from the bottom i.e. what is average yards per play, average sack % on a pass play etc. All of which is freely available at sites like nfl.com/pro-football-reference.com etc but seemingly these websites are blocked for the developers to view by EA's company firewall. I can't explain how else they could get it so badly wrong!

One can only hope that they rebuild it from scratch for Madden 11. One doubts it however.

But is saddens me to hear you say (and you're not the only one) that you can't play the game as a result. At the end of the day the numbers generated by a stat engine are just that - numbers.
Like you I'm a stat junkie. So it annoys me greatly to see rubbish stats because it lessens the immersion feel.

But it is possible to carry on and play a franchise despite this. Here's how:

Just mentally (or use a calculator, pen and paper) adjust each top RB's average yards per carry by about 20% downwards. Then recalucate their yards based on the number of attempts. Hey presto now you have realistic stats. It's a mental adjustment by which you know that in the "reality" of your alternative Madden universe Turner, AP and Jacobs etc have not just all rushed for over 2,000 yards each, but have been duelling the rushing title out with realistic numbers. And assuming that you have been running realistic in-game sliders this allows you to compare fairly how your own RB has been getting on vis a vis the others.

Don't give up on the game just because of a stat on the screen!