View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: So EA what are your plans for next year's game....

Yea but anyone else a tad bit upset that Ian just disappeared. I know he stated numerous times that it was not a marketing ploy and he will be around from here on out. Then after the release of maddn 10 he just vanished.

I know he is working on a game and what not but he has literally disappeared. Not even a pop in every once in a while. Not unless I missed it.

Edit: Never mind, I found out why now. Ian was unhappy with the shots some of the users were taking at the EA dev team. Personal shots. So we pretty much won't hear from them again like last year. What a waste, I understand hearing crap all the time is not good. But you also got to live in the realm of realism and in the age of the internet. That realism is that people can hide behind computers and talk big. You just got to tune that stuff out. Sounds to me like Ian was to sensitive for the community interaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
we are working on re-tooling how we will be communicating, and unfortunately it will not be daily direct interaction here on OS. As much as I loved many aspects of the interaction, it also got way too personal so there needs to be a better way to pull this stuff off that doesn't drive every employee that steps into the community into a depression. For every thread where I might have gotten great feedback on what to improve, there was some other guy making youtube videos about how he thinks I am a liar and posting them in the same thread. That type of s--t can ruin your night or even your weekend.

Last edited by Phobia; 12-15-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove