View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #11
sportyguyfl31
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Is this game too offensive minded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
This may be a touch off topic but isn't football in general too offensive minded nowadays? Look at rule changes over the past decade in college and NFL? Majority are restricting defenses ability to stop passing and offenses. Why have these rules changed well it is my opinion that it sells TV time because americans love scoring. Much the same reason soccer has never really taken off in the states.

Getting off my soapbox a bit I would wager that EA sports is more concerned with making sure offense is fun to play and exciting to sell copies of the game then gamers getting frustrated by iron curtain defenses.

My two cents
I think you are on the right track.

I think its more a product of the fact that it is easier to find fast, skilled offensive players.

All kids want to play offense, and score.

Developing a great defensive player in college requires a good eye for scouting, and a lot of coaching, development and discipline, once you get him.

Take a look at Florida's Joe Haden.

In High School Joe Haden was a dominant, spread-option QB, but he was far too small.

He's recuited to play corner by Florida because the coaching staff saw something in him that they believed could translate to defense.

He's now probably the best pro prospect CB in the country.
Advertisements - Register to remove