DonkeyJote
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: QB option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
Been away for a while..

But again, why should that matter? Its not like Fisher removed those plays from their playbook because Collins took over... And we shouldn't even have to worry about Collins running it because teams were supposed to "reevaluate themselves constantly" via Adaptive A.I. They could have even made the option plays a subpackage/formation if it was that big of a deal where only VY could use them. Option plays shouldn't have been removed as long as Vince Young was on the roster. Period.
I'll bet you the Titans didn't use the option in training camp at all. I could be wrong, somebody who watched their preseason games would have to tell me. I'd bet, however, that it was something they re-installed when VY regained the starting job. So yeah, in an essence, he probably did take it out, and then put it back in.

Lets be honest. If Collins had produced, and VY had never gained his job back (which most people assumed would've happened before the season), we wouldn't be having this conversation. Because no one would care. If someone posted this very thread and VY hadn't ran the play all year, most of us would tell that person that they haven't ran the play in two years, and that it probably shouldn't be in there. Should the Broncos still have a 4-3 because they ran it in last year, and most the same players are still there?

The Titans didn't run the play last year. You can't start demanding that these guys put in plays from more than two years ago. If they didn't run the play last year, then I can not fault their reasoning in leaving it out. If it had been a situation where VY hadn't played because of injury, and was expected to get his job back and they'd run this play again, that'd be different. But if you had polled people before the season and asked if they thought the Titans would run that option at all this year, I bet you'd get 75-85% saying no.