Thread: Browns
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
samuraiwahoo
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Browns

It's been a while.... I am in my 11th with the Brownies.

This is what I did, iirc...
1) Changed to a 4-3 Defense (Phi.Reid's playbook so I can have a 4-6)

2) Kam. Wimbley to DE/90ovr. I think he had 13 sacks for me, but he was not a runstopper at all. I think I put Coleman at DT, but I can't remember to be sure.

3) Traded quite a few draft picks for Antoine Winfield. Moved him to SS/99ovr. In my 4-6 scheme, he got something like 7-8 sacks for me in the first year.

4) Picked up D. Brooks off the FA.

5) I picked up the best OG with a good balance of athletisicsm and blocking. Changed him to TE and used him on the O-line for dual TE sets in the effort of improving my running game. Needless to say he did not catch many passes. If memory serves me true, Lewis rushed for a 1000+ yrds and Harrison rushed for 700+ yrds for me that year.

I ended up missing the playoffs with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. Bal and Pitt dominated that first year.

Off. Season.
1) Traded Wimbley for a middle of the first round draft along with a 3rd and 4th. I think I got steal here.

2) Drafted Brick Walker, who has had 10+ sacks for me every year so far. He has a total of 127 sacks for me. I know that you won't likely get him in a draft, but finding a true DE to replace Wimbley will help support run-D a lot.

3) I mainly kept my D-Line fully intact and my O-Line intact except for St. "Caraselle" Clair. That guy is a bum.

4) Pick up so good LBs in the Draft or FA. My main focus has always been Def, especially the D-Line and Safeties. Winfield will give you 4-5 productive yrs., but he eventually gets too old.

After 11yrs, I have 8 playoff visits and 3 Superbowl visits and 2 victories