View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #61
s38s38s
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Cheese or No Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
There's a lot of things in Madden that's not realistic, though.

So if cheese = unrealistic, then does that make Madden a cheese game?

I'm not defending cheese - but I can see lots of things a real NFL player wouldn't do that happens in Madden that have nothing to do with whether or not a player is "Sim" or not but the way the game operates as it is.

Also, people talk about what they see on Sundays - well Jax went for it on 4th down in their own territory, a move considered "cheese" because "it doesn't happen" but it just did.

Throwing the backs is (or at least used to be) considered cheese - but happens frequently in real life. Heck, Ray Rice leads HB in pass receptions - Bryan Westbrook and Marshall Faulk (going back some years) were big in the pass game, but that's cheese in the Madden world?

It's interesting where the line gets drawn and how it's "okay" to cut off things that DO happen on Sundays as still being cheese.

Do QBs sprint for the sideline at the snap? No. Does Madden have a realistic number of bootlegs? Imo, no. But it's okay to run bootlegs out of just a few predictable plays (as in, oh they bootlegged so they are running 1 of 3 plays in their playbook) - but not okay to be creative and improvise, even though players do that all the time on Sunday when they need to make a play?
We're not talking about the way the game is programmed as being un-sim, at this time its what we have to work with as far as an NFL game, I preferred 2K's series. But what we are dealing with is a person who is taking advantage of the weak programming in this game and that is cheese as well as un-sim period.

I guarantee you if an NFL team was dropping 9 into coverage every down like some were claiming this guy was doing, that team on offense woud run the damn ball, he has Jones-Drew (as long as no trades/releases are concerned), hell even HB slip screens tear that D up because all the DB's/LB's drop and on the DE is in the flats and with a slow 2 DT pass rush you have all day to let the defense drop further and further away and let your lead blockers take out that DE. IMO this is a case of a guy resorting to cheese when he couldn't figure the defense out.

Side not-passes to HB's in the flat isn't cheese, Cov 2, Nickel, Dime Cov 3, man shut those routes down.
Advertisements - Register to remove