View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
Bumble14
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Then I'm not understanding how NCAA Basketball won this award. I agree with you, if I'm understanding what you said. But it seems like licensing played more into NCAA Basketball winning than the actual content. Seems like everybody that's voted for the game says in some way "it feels just like a tv broadcast, without mentioning anything about the actual content.

I don't own the game but from what I've heard and seen in video, though there are two commentary teams in NCAA both are stale and somewhat bland. And I'm POSITIVE the game is doing nothing on the level of replays, "wipes", stat displays (with NBA Today, 2K10 is displaying real life updated stats, they have holiday-themed displays/commentary, etc.), etc... In 2K10 a player can actually interact with the bench, coaches, referees, a few of the people at the baselines. You have cheerleaders and mascots doing varying routines in realtime. And I'm not even mentioning everything. I'd invite someone to make the argument why NCAA deserved it over that but I'm sure I'll hear "But... it has real ESPN and CBS music. That's awewome!"

Now let's sit back and watch as other sports devs spend money rushing to sign other networks to exclusivity, since the supposed smartest sports site out there thinks that's what's most important
I think you should play NCAA 10 for a decent amount of time before passing judgement on it. The presentation has to be fully experienced to be understood. It is much much more than licensed wipes and two "bland" announcing crews.

I'm a huge fan of 2K10's NBA Today, but NCAA 10's presentation is out of this world.