View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Run blocking still needs work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
That should change - we want nuances in the game, so that shouldn't be. They should read who's coming when they come or maybe let the high AWR guys be psychic to simulate that the read a key or such.

Yeah, I've seen that happen too - of course we all know weight/momentum need to badly be included in the engine, which would also help blocking. That and of course the player AI needs to be improved (like you mention with Rice).

That McClain scenario - that's crazy.

It's like when Foxworth can get out of the grasp of a LG that's got him fully engaged and lay out AP. That probably would not happen often in real life - the LG would run over, or at least be able to hold him and drive him back, and if he somehow got free - I'd think AP would be the one laying out a DB if he has any head of steam going.
LOL yeah Foxworth in Real life would go looking for a WR and beg the WR to block him if he knew that Guard was coming. Either that or he would just hit the ground and pray that he isn't stepped on too badly. But in here I am tired of the touch blocking by players who lay dudes out. I literally saw McClain on a run play just touch Randall Gay. Gay stumbled a little and made the tackle. I was like that is a WEAK block on a CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove