Thread: In game ads
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
kehlis

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: In game ads

Quote:
Did I miss anything which may indirectly be positive to me with these adds... I'd love to hear this one.
Likely, but it will all be interpretive and the ever present pessimists will still see problems with the game no matter what happens.

And what you seem to have forgotten that these in-game ads are being paid for now, after the game was produced. How would that change what is already in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
1. Is it informative advertising? Irrelevant

2. Did it lower the prices of the game? Not likely to happen, the price is the fair value market price, still don't understand why people expect this to be changed

3. Did EA get money for 3rd party adds? No Doubt they did

4. Did having these adds make the game better? This is where I was going with indirectly. Any additional revenue that comes from these adds gets applied to the budget for the next game. The changes we see will be out of box features, changes for next year. The pessimist will say, that does me no good now, while the realist understands that while we have annoying ads now, it is how the world works and money is made. Hopefully next years upgrades reflects whatever the masses here wants so we have an even more improved game.

5. Have these adds translated into presentation? Again, how would you expect them to upgrade presentation on Madden 10 when they are just now likely getting the proceeds from the ads?

6. Will clueless people learn something? Not even sure who this pointless attack is aimed at?