View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
Swingking77
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: In game ads

Quote:
1. Is it informative advertising? Irrelevant

2. Did it lower the prices of the game? Not likely to happen, the price is the fair value market price, still don't understand why people expect this to be changed

3. Did EA get money for 3rd party adds? No Doubt they did

4. Did having these adds make the game better? This is where I was going with indirectly. Any additional revenue that comes from these adds gets applied to the budget for the next game. The changes we see will be out of box features, changes for next year. The pessimist will say, that does me no good now, while the realist understands that while we have annoying ads now, it is how the world works and money is made. Hopefully next years upgrades reflects whatever the masses here wants so we have an even more improved game.

5. Have these adds translated into presentation? Again, how would you expect them to upgrade presentation on Madden 10 when they are just now likely getting the proceeds from the ads?

6. Will clueless people learn something? Not even sure who this pointless attack is aimed at?

1. We were talking about if the adds had percs for the players. Since the adds are far from educational or informative, there are no informative percs there...

2 + 3. Snickers was in the game last year, as well as maybe the one before that. Did it lower the price of this year's game? Not one cent...

4. With Snickers in the game last year, did we see a marked improovment in this year's game? Some yes, was that the result of the adds or simply the evolution of the game development as a whole... I'm banking on simply game evolution and not the other way around. Those fund went right into their pockets.

5. Are these adds in the game this year? Yes they are... Are the presented in the form of so much as a clip phrase, other then "This game is brought to you by EA sports" or "Be a Chompion"... So, did the adds this year bring anything to the presentation. No they did not. Could they have? Sure they could have. And again, last year's game had Snickers...

6. The attack was not one directed at anyone in particular... The only information which they convey were the two points I set out. 1. EA makes more games then just Madden, and 2. Snickers encourages you to be a Chompion. Which only ******s don't know that EA makes more games then just Madden and the other is a Snickers quote which does nothing for the product...

So I ask you, what percs did we get indirectly from last year's add? Can you prove we got anything from it... Or was what we got simply the product of the regular game production cycle. Sureley you are not suggesting that games only get better from year to year based on how much advertising, in game, a game has... That's rediculous... My responce was not one of trolling, but and honnest answer which was more then a simple two or three word "Yes, indirectly"... If you want to jump down my throat, proove your point as opposed to disprooving mine... Which, BTW, you've not even done...
Advertisements - Register to remove